Thursday, March 23, 2017

Compose Your Frame


I took this photo on a drive north to eastern Idaho during sunrise. I see vector lines prominently in this picture because of the clouds leading into the sun. It draws the eye to a point, which then leads to seeing the mountains on the horizon. The slight sun rays coming outward draw the eye to that same focal point too. The repetitive rippling effect of the clouds adds to the direction they are traveling. I don't think the same affect would have been achieved if there was only one mass cloud covering the sky.
The sun is also placed in the left bottom third of the frame, as well as the horizon sitting just below the bottom third. This practices follow the Rules of Thirds. For me, this picture has a great amount of movement because of the diagonal lines the clouds create. It gives me a sense of vast space and speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment